I’m not sure where the boxes come from – whether it’s that people place us in boxes of their choice, categorizing us the way they want to see us – or if – by our own actions and attitudes – we train people to see us a certain way. Either way, sometimes I feel so freakin’ much like breaking out of the “mold.” There! I did it just now. I don’t usually say “freakin’.”
I think part of my personal challenge is deciding what is appropriate “breaking out.” But, by saying “appropriate,” am I placing new borders? Okay…anyway…if there were no borders…and all things were possible – here’s a Starter List of things I’d do differently…even though I’m old enough to be a great grandmother…
* I’d wear short skirts and multi-colored striped tights.
* I’d wear false eyelashes. Sometimes.
* I’d wear hats.
* I’d wear long skirts.
* I’d wear dresses almost all the time…and many of the styles would be from the ’30s and ’40s.
* I’d wear gloves – even to Walmart.
* I might be meaner – i.e. tell people off who are cruel to me or others.
* I’d party more. And dance a lot!
* I’d have a clothes line…and use it!
* I’d talk a whole lot more about what the Bible says, because our society has strayed so far from it and I personally want to go back in that direction…and…because I see so much pain in people’s lives and the Bible has answers. God’s ways work! They really do!
* I’d play music loud.
* I’d shred junk mail without opening it. (Gasp.)
* I’d host a lot of parties (if I had the energy).
* I’d decorate a room in my house with decor like Famous Dave’s restaurant – i.e. – A ’40s hunting cabin.
* I’d keep adding to the list…