My last post here was in February. But I’ve posted lots of blogs since then…in my head. They’ve been really good, captivating, thought-provoking. Some of them are controversial. Some are funny. In my head!
Trouble is, it seems these “best” blog posts occur when I’m:
– at work – doing laundry – in the middle of the night – driving – etc.
By the time I’m logged on here, the “anointing” I felt for a particular message seems to have vanished. I decided I’m not going to let that stop me tonight, though, so, for your perusal is a cross-section of random Serious Whimsey from my head:
* I’m writing a cookbook.
* I changed my hair color (see photo in About Me, which page is also about to be updated since I am now an official Empty Nester. )
* I just spent over a week being very sick – lost seven pounds in three days. At one point, I was so weak it took all my strength to send a text to my son, asking for Ginger Ale. No lie.
* God is teaching me to take my thoughts captive. (Occured to me just now that maybe I need to apply this to my blogging as well.)
* Just finished reading an incredible set of books – the Refiner’s Fire series by Lynn Austin – historical novels set in the Civil War era. I am considering doing a review on them. I just can’t stop thinking about them…such has been their impact on me.
* I want a vegetable garden this year.
* My iris’ are up. My lillies are up. My bleeding heart is bushing out. Even my peonies are sprouting.
* I am seriously considering starting another (separate) blog for mothers of boys.
* Our nation needs to turn back to God. It is critically evident that we were not brought into existence to operate successfully apart from Christ.
* Am I ready for Jesus’ return?
I told you it was random.